Sunday, September 7, 2014

000webhost Reviews - One of The Best Free Host

Just a few days ago I launched a new website. This site was just a simple two page site explaining the simple steps for a certain task. I have used 000Webhost before and I greatly enjoy their free hosting services.

So my disappointment came when I launched the new site I had mentioned above. The site worked perfectly the first few days. It even got good page rank for some keywords on Google. After about five days 000webhost decided to put my site under admin review. My site has now been under review for the past Two days. This is very annoying and it is ruining my SEO. I can't even verify the site with webmaster tools.

I guess there is nothing I can really do at the moment. I will just have to ride this one out. I will try to post again when my site is back. If it ever comes back.

UPDATE: So I sent them a support ticket asking about what was going on with my website. Withing a few hours I had a response saying that my site was all approved and an apology for the inconvenience. I was so happy to see this great customer service, especially considering that I am using their free hosting service!

Web hosting

000webhost Reviews

000webhost offers a reasonable, free service with one pop-up advertisement. The ad can be disabled but it's not obvious. I have recommended it to others with a few caveats.
Pros: otherwise ad-free PHP and Mysql hosting
Cons: pop-up ad is annoying and removing is not obvious, goes down at times, slow load times, low PHP memory limit (~6MB) limited DNS features on free plan, PHP version is getting old (5.2), no IMAP access to e-mail, no shell or SSH access
One can workaround the IMAP and DNS limitations with a bit of research. I'm no security expert, but any shared host has some risk of other users getting data. While using the service I haven't noticed any inappropriate access from other hosted users.


000webhost is the first hosting company I actually got hosting from. I signed up for them because at first I thought they provided free cPanel hosing because this is what they claim to do but soon I understood that that was just to attract new users. This free hosting company used its own control panel on free users and cPanel on paid hosting plans. Anyway I kept using it to host all my websites at the time (2 websites). Due to ddos attacks their servers were down every now and then but since they had a lot of servers it was not all that worrisome. After I started to monitor my websites with uptime robot I noticed that there was a lot of downtime and to top it all, one day all my files and data was lost (maybe from a hackers attack) and the support team never responded. Then I moved to 3owl and kept using it until a few months ago when all my websites started to redirect to 3owl (I think because of bandwidth over usage but I had used only 30mb of bandwidth so I can't be sure). Anyway lets get back to 000webhost, I think it is a good webhost for those who want to build small websites or blogs and that have close to no budget but if you want to host the website of a serious company I wouldn't recommend it.
P.S. I forgot to mention that their autoinstaller never worked for me.


Web hosting

0 comments:

Post a Comment